Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Books!

 I have finally finished unpacking my suitcase and all the treasures that I picked up at the American Library Association's Midwinter Conference in San Diego. This includes all the galleys that I received while I was there. Actually, the books arrived the day after I got home (thanks to the miracle of Priority Mail), but I didn't have the shelf space to unpack them!

Thank goodness for TAs and substitutes in the library. I finally cleared out some space in my office and shelved all the galleys according to publication date. Please don't laugh at the fact that they are not in author order. It already makes my secretary crazy, but the system works for me.

Now I can get busy READING! And offering up titles to my students.  And believe me, there are some good ones in the pile! I've already read:

Whatever Happened to Goodbye (Sarah Dessen)
The Last Little Blue Envelope (Maureen Johnson)

Cryer's Cross (Lisa McMann)
Where She Went (Gayle Forman)
Cloaked (Alex Flinn)

Reviews coming soon, I promise.


There are so many good choices I know my students will be excited for, and I can't wait to read myself: Angel (Patterson/Maximum Ride); Family (Ostow); Ten Things We Did (Mlynowski); Beauty Queens (Bray); The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group (Jinks); Withering Tights (Rennison); She loves you, she loves you not (Peters); Shine (Myracle); and Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance (Halpin/Franklin). These are just a few of the ones I'm looking forward to. There are MANY! I'll post more of the titles later.

I have three shelves of galleys right now, but as soon as I start telling the students the books are here, I'm sure they will disappear. I'll keep you updated on reviews and what their favorite titles are!

What new book are you most looking forward to?

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

So jealous of your copy of The Last Little Blue Envelope. I actually preordered that one for myself. Sigh.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online