Thursday, March 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday

This week's Throwback Thursday has been making the round with our 8th grade girls who are looking for something to read after "The Fault in our Stars." 


If I Stay by Gayle Forman. 

Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make.


This isa beautifully written novel that will haunt you long after you finish it. I hope that Mia's journey will move you to think about what is important in your life: family, friends, love. 

I am a little apprehensive to see the movie adaptation when it comes out in August of this year. I LOVED this book. It literally moved me to tears. I truly hope that the movie can live up to how I feel about this book.

Please, please, please make sure you have read this book (and everything by Gayle Forman for that matter)!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online