Thursday, May 1, 2014

Book Spine Poetry Fun!

We have been having fun with Book Spine Poetry in the library throughout April. So much fun, in fact, that I'm going to continue to make it available for the first couple of weeks in May.

I have always wanted to do this in the library, but was honestly worried about how successful it would be with middle school students. Well, I need not have worried. It was well-received with students (and teachers) and became quite a popular activity to flex creative muscles.

I will continue to post some of my favorite students book spine poems over the next few weeks, but thought that I would start you with some of the ones that I posted to the library Instagram account.

FYI: The top poem, "Seriously, Norman! Suck it up. This is what happy looks like. So. B. It" is mine, but the rest are students.























No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online