Monday, April 26, 2010

Review: Devoted (Hoyt)

Title: Devoted: The story of a father's love for his son
Author: Hoyt
Genre: Biography, Sports Non-Fiction
Pages: 224 (a quick read)
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

This is the remarkable story of a father’s devotion to his wheelchair-bound son and how their bond inspired millions of people worldwide.

Ask any student or teacher at Evergreen and you will find out quickly that I never pick favorite books, and I very rarely make exceptions. This is one of those exceptions! I admit that I have been fascinated with the Hoyt's story since I was in high school and they were featured on sports shows for running the Hawaii Ironman. But it wasn't until Rick Reilly's column on Father's Day several years ago that their story really hit home. This new book (just published last week; I read an advance copy) is a must read for everyone, especially sports fans, and will be topping my summer reading list. Expect to see it on the list for the 9th grade Non-Fiction IRP in the fall...

1 comment:

Bob Kaneko said...

First comment! I'm looking forward to reading this one, even if it's not a fantasy novel.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online