Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Gift Ideas: Assault (Falkner)

Title: The Assault
Author: Falkner
Genre: Fiction, Science Fiction, Aliens, War, Spies, Action
Pages: 288

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Now, you must understand that I do not typically read straight up science fiction, the kinds with aliens, weapons, and intergalactic wars. But a middle school librarian friend recommended it, so I figured I should read it. And I am so glad that I did.

This is a terrific book for sci-fi fans of both genders, and the start of the author's new Recon Team Angel series. The fast-paced, page-turning action is non-stop. The characters are well-drawn and believable, and the story is movie-worthy. There is nothing missing from this one.

I found this fan-made book trailer that does a pretty good job explaining the book for you, so I'm going to let it do the talking. I'll just say that I am anxiously awaiting the second installment of this series!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online