Monday, May 16, 2011

So Many Books, So Little Time...A New Reading Challenge

Much to the surprise of many of you, I'm sure, I have NOT dropped off the face of the earth. Between state-mandated classroom-based assessments and testing, my days are a whirlwind of "excitement." Luckily, the last of our CBAs (as we lovingly call them in Washington) are completed, and testing should be done this week (fingers crossed).

Please don't think that I haven't been reading! I haven't let you down completely, I've just been too busy/exhausted/trying to be a mom to blog about all the great books that I've discovered recently. AAAH! I promise to remedy that starting now!



There are about 40 days until my Best Fiction for Young Adults (BFYA) committee meeting, at ALA's Annual Conference in June. So far, there are 74 books nominated for BFYA, which we will be discussing at this meeting...meaning I have to read these books before we discuss them. I have just tallied the "read" vs "not read" and it appears that I have...drumroll please...48 books to read in 40 days! Good Lord! And that's assuming that no more books get nominated before nominations close on May 29th. Hmmm...this does not bode well.


In my defense, about 10 of these books JUST arrived on my doorstep over the weekend, so there is no way I could have read them yet. And there are another 5-10 that I still do not have, so I'm not feeling completely lazy. However, you can clearly see what I'll be doing for the next month and a half. I will attempt to keep you updated on my reading each day. Can I make it? 


40 Days, 48 Books
Currently reading:Half-way through 2 of the 48 titles, and I expect to complete both today! "Running Dream" by Van Draanen (which I already LOVE), and "The False Princess" by O'Neal (also really like, and I did not expect to).

Do you want to participate? Follow the BFYA link above to the list of nominated titles (only updated through April 1 right now, but will include all of them soon). Have you read any? What did you think? Want to read some? Let me know which ones you choose and which ones you enjoyed most. I'd LOVE to have your feedback!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online