Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday 5

Okay, I've decided to take a break from reviews today (mainly because radiation is dragging me down and I desperately need a nap). Since I still want to give you some sort of reading suggestion for the day, I decided to make it a "Friday 5" day and include the 5 books I am currently reading. Yes, I really do have 5 books started right now (actually, probably a few more than that, but admitting to having eight or ten started at once scares me).



(1) Audible app: Abandon by Meg Cabot (the first in a series). I only skimmed this one when it first came out and now I really wanted to take some time with it. Yep, it really is as good as I thought. I'm almost done, and now fear I'm addicted to the series. 



(2) Actual book: Discovering Wes Moore. Autobiography based on his adult title "The Other Wes Moore." I purchased this for our library this summer and since it was sitting in a box in my family room, I figured I should read it before school starts. LOVE it!



(3) Kindle app: Moxie and the Art of Rule Breaking by Erin Dionne. This has been the summer for me to reclaim my childhood by reading teen/tween books that remind me of my favorite books growing up. Reminiscent of "From the Mixed-Up Files..." as well as titles by Blue Balliett, with a little National Treasure thrown in. Really fun read so far.




(4) Bluefire app: Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young. Publishers are starting to do egalleys now (sad for my students since I can't share them), but I do still get to read them and don't have to pack them around with me. I can't wait to tell you all about this one. This is the one that I've been staying up late reading the past two nights.




(5) Wise Young Fool by Sean Beaudoin. This galley (actually one that is not electronic) is always in my purse and I take it with me to radiation every day. Unfortunately, the radiation technicians are so on-time that I usually only have a minute or two to read it, which means that I am only a few chapters in. This has been getting lots of advance love and praise, so I'm hoping to finish it soon.



Those are my Friday reads...what are you reading???

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online