Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Poll Results

During October and the first part of November, I was running some polls for my students to participate in. These were hosted on my school district internal website, and since they all revolved around The Hunger Games, I thought that I would post the results for those of you that don't have access to that website.

Poll #1:
How excited are you for the Catching Fire movie?

Response options ranged from "I'm counting down the days and will be there opening night for sure...I already have my tickets" to "What's Catching Fire?" Okay, I'm scared that there were 19 students that replied that they didn't know what Catching Fire was, because even if you didn't like the books or hadn't read the series, I think that you'd have to actually know about it with all the marketing that goes on. I'm hoping that these kids chose this answer as a joke to mess with me. Surprisingly, there were not many students that indicated they'd be there opening night either (seriously??? I'm going opening night and I don't even like to see movies on opening night). Somewhere around 40% of kids indicated that they wanted to go, and would, but they weren't in a big hurry to see it. This totally nonchalant attitude kind of surprised me.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite Hunger Games character?

This was a fun one to see how students answered, and even more entertaining to listen to students openly debate the "correct" answer. Katniss was the clear winner with 31% of the votes. Rue came in second with 19%, and Peeta and Haymitch tied for 3rd with 14% each.

Poll #3: Which movie are you most excited to see in theaters?

The three choices: Catching Fire, Book Thief, and Ender's Game.
Not surprisingly, Catching Fire garnered 73% of the votes. (Ender's Game received 15%, and Book Thief received 10%...and someday I'm going to figure out how the system did it's math...)

Just some interesting insight into what my students think. 

They love doing these polls by the way. I try and post a couple different ones each month. Ideas for poll questions? Comment here and let me know!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online