Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Multi-Million Dollar Publishing Deal for Popular Author!

Move over Jeff Kinney, Stephenie Meyer, and Rick Riordan!  Another author has recently signed a publishing mega-deal.  Alyson Noel, author of the popular "Immortals" series, has signed a deal with St. Martin's Press for a new "Soul Seeker" series to debut in 2012.  According to the Wall Street Journal, the deal is a "healthy seven-figures with additional performance bonuses that could double that." The exact amount was not revealed but confirmed to be a “multi-million” dollar advance.  WOW!  And well-deserved!




Noel's "Immortals" series is currently #5 on the New York Times Children's Series list, behind "Twilight," "Percy Jackson," "Pretty Little Liars," and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"...good company I would say.  Many of our EJH students cannot get enough of the "Immortals" and there was groaning at the end of the school year when it was discovered that the 4th book, "Dark Flame" was not published in time to check out before school got out for the summer.


As you have heard Mrs. Yusko say several times, I am not a huge fan of the Twilight series...I know, I know, something is clearly wrong with me!  However, I am in love with the "Immortals" series.  I picked up "Evermore," the first book in the series, last summer because it was recommended to me by a student.  (No, I would not have picked it up on my own...remember, supernatural romance books typically are not my thing).  I was drawn to Ever and her story, and the tragedy that brought out her supernatural ability.  For those of you that have not read it, I won't spoil anything other than to tell you that Ever's entire family (mom, dad, sister, and even the family dog) are killed in a car accident.  Ever is the only survivor.  And since the accident she can see people's auras, read their thoughts, and know all about their life by simply touching them.  Obviously unnerved by this ability, Ever shuts herself off from the world.  It is at this point in her life that we first meet Ever...and that she first meets Damen. 

Are you a fan of the series?  Do you want to find out about the next book?  Do want to read other books by the author?  Check out her websites and blog!
Author website: http://www.alysonnoel.com/

Immortals Series website: http://www.immortalsseries.com/


For those of you that have read the series, you will know that her sister Riley factors into the first book.  I have just read an advance copy of "Radiance" which is a new spin-off series featuring Riley and her journey after the car accident.  It was WONDERFUL and I will post my complete review soon.  I have loaned it to a neighbor girl, but if you would like to be next on the list, comment here and let me know!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online