Monday, March 4, 2013

New Books in Series You Love

Okay, I have discovered that chemo and reading do not go together quite as well as I thought. My hope for being on medical leave for this extended amount of time was that I would at least catch up on all the books I wanted to read. And I would have time to write the reviews of those books here for you.

No such luck for a variety of reasons:
(1) Chemo has changed the structure of my eye somehow and reading is hard. I can no longer see things that are smaller print, and close up (books, my phone, texts, medical forms I'm supposed to sign, etc).

(2) I am tired all the time from the chemo, and just can't read non-stop like I used to. This makes me sad...

(3) Neuropathy has set in. This is where your hands and feet go numb, either off and on or continuously. I'm lucky that this comes and goes right now, but it is kind of hard to type when you can't feel your fingertips.

(4) Your brain is affected by chemo (it's called "chemo brain")...my memory is gone! Very hard to write a review when you've forgotten you read the book!

So, instead of lamenting over writing a review for you of all the books I am reading, I think that I'll start posting books I would recommend, without a big review. I'll let you look them up in the library catalog or on Amazon.com to see if it is a book that would interest you. 

First up, several new books in series that are already popular. If you liked the first book(s) in these series, you will enjoy these:


(1) Prodigy by Marie Lu, sequel to Legend



(2) Scarlet, by Marissa Meyer, sequel to Cinder


(3) The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson, sequel to The Name of the Star

(4) Requiem by Lauren Oliver, third book in the Delirium trilogy


(5) The Lives We Lost by Megan Crewe, sequel to The Way We Fall



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online