Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 28: 45 Days of Summer

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Well, I'm not going to say too much about this book, other than you must read it!

And if you've already read it, then you should read the companion novels and the "sequel" (Son) immediately.

All of these books are incredible, and I've been lobbying for The Giver to become an all-grade read for my 6th graders.

It's a "classic" (I actually hate that word to describe books), that everyone should read at some point in their life. And now you really need to read it because the movie will be coming out next week.

I will be honest that I don't know how I feel about the movie because the trailers I've seen don't seem to be in line with how I remember the tone of the book. 

If you've read the book and you see the movie, let me know what you think!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online