Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 33: 45 Days of Summer

Iron Heart by Brian Boyle

I discovered this book about 4 years ago. It has been one of my "go to" titles to recommend widely for a variety of readers ever since then. You can see my original post about the book here.

This is an incredible survival story about a young man who went from "should have been dead" to Iron Man competitor.

I have great admiration for anyone that has trained/competed/completed an Iron Man. Several of my friends are these people. I cannot imagine even wanting to compete at this level, but I always watch the Iron Man Hawaii coverage on television each year. And I track my friends online when they are competing at various Iron Man events around the country.

Well, this coming weekend, I will be competing in Iron Girl (a sprint triathlon event) here in Seattle. I know that I will be writing about the experience on my cancer blog afterwards (http://myangrycancer.blogspot.com) but this is an event that means a lot to me right now as it was a goal of mine to be able to cross the finish line after my cancer treatments were done. 

So, in honor of what I'll be doing this weekend, I thought I'd recommend some of my favorite triathlon stories and this is definitely one of them!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online