Thursday, June 3, 2010

Review: Heart of the Game (Price)

Title: Heart of the Game
Author: Price
Genre: Biography, Sports, Baseball, Death
Pages: 320
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!


To be honest, I read two books tonight...one I didn't like, and one that is "too old" to recommend for my target audience.  So, instead, I thought I would review a book that I will be booktalking in the fall for the 9th grade Non-Fiction IRP.  It is baseball season after all, and we are all still reeling from Griffey's retirement.  Though, this isn't really a happily ever after story either... 


Mike Coolbaugh was a 35 year old minor league baseball coach.  In July, 2007, Mike was killed instantly while coaching 1st base when a foul ball ricocheted off his neck.  This true story follows Mike's life and baseball career as well as that of his teammate that hit the fatal ball.  I have always considered myself a sports junkie, but this book is so much more.  Yes, you will get plenty of baseball!  But you will also get drama, tragedy, and an amazing life story.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online