Saturday, July 20, 2013

Series Saturday: Review: Selection (Cass)

Title: Selection; Elite
Author: Cass
Genre: Fiction, Dystopian, Contests, Prince/Princess, Marriage, Love

Pages: 327 (Selection)
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (for both)

 Ages: Middle School and up

In this first installment of "Series Saturday," I thought that I would highlight a series that I recently discovered. This is not a new series, since the second book came out in April, but for some reason I never got around to reading it when the first book hit the shelves. And I think I know why...I have a natural aversion to girls in floofy dresses on the cover of the books I'm reading.

So, in my case, this was a terrific lesson in "Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover!" Dang, all this time I've missed out knowing these characters.

From the Publisher: 
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself'and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


I finished the first book, and am waiting until school starts so I can "steal" our library copy of "The Elite." I am very excited to know where the story is going, and what is going to happen to America...and who she will choose. This book has a little bit for everyone: romance, action, political intrigue...and girls in fancy dresses if that's what you like. 



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online