Saturday, May 15, 2010

Review: Boom (Haddon)

Title: Boom!
Author: Haddon
Genre: Fantasy, Fiction
Pages: 226 (but it is a small book with big font)
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

In my previous life as librarian/speech team coach, I was always on the lookout for great book passages for the Humorous Interpretation and Dramatic Interpretation categories. Regardless of the overall story/plot, if there was a good "scene" in the book, I was happy. I read this book on Friday night, and the opening few chapters made me laugh so hard...all I could think of was "this would make a great speech team selection!"

Jim and his best friend Charlie bug the teachers' lounge and discover that two of the teachers speak some sort of mysterious language or code. What follows is a hilarious and wild adventure. But my favorite scenes are the first ones, where Jim is describing (in not so nice terms) his older sister's boyfriend. HILARIOUS!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online