Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Review: Last Summer of the Death Warriors (Stork)

Title: The Last Summer of the Death Warriors
Author: Stork
Genre: Friendship, Cancer/Dying, Fiction
Pages: 344
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

Shhh, don't tell anyone but I did not read "Marcelo in the Real World," the author's last book. I know, I know, it got GREAT reviews and won numerous awards. I promise it's on the top of my list now!

This book, published in March and nominated for this year's BFYA, is nothing short of amazing. 17-year-old Pancho has arrived at St. Anthony's Home an orphan on a mission to avenge his sister's death. But he gets side-tracked by D.Q., a fellow orphan with terminal brain cancer. D.Q. is writing a "Death Warrior's Manifesto," which helps him live out his last days fully. Pancho eventually faces a decision: follow the path to revenge, or embrace the way of the Death Warrior and choose life. Thought-provoking and powerful.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online