Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Day with Writers!

Monday is a busy day for me.  Busy, but very exciting!  I get to spend the day with TWO different authors.  I'm not sure how I got quite so lucky...

Monday morning,
Janet Lee Carey, author extraordinaire, is visiting Evergreen Junior High to talk about writing with several of my classes.  We are very excited to hear her speak, and to find out about her newest book, "The Dragons of Noor."  My students have been thinking of great questions to ask, which hopefully they will remember.

Janet interviewed me in September for her
Library Lions blog, and I am hoping that she will be interviewed for this blog!  Stay tuned...

After my "tough" day at school, Monday evening I will be having dinner with a few of my favorite librarians and, of course, Jillian Larkin.  She is the debut author of "Vixen," book one of the new "Flappers" series.  The book will find it's way to you via bookstores in December, but I was sent an advance copy with the dinner invite.  To be honest, I am only on chapter 5 right now.  I was hoping to finish it by tomorrow, but I might not make it...sporting events and finding the perfect pumpkin have taken up my weekend.

This is one week that I'll be saying, "YEAH, MONDAY!"

P.S. If you would like to meet Ms. Carey, you can see her at Parkplace Books in Kirkland on Saturday, 10/23.  Find out all the details for her book launch party on their website at http://www.parkplacebookskirkland.com/

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online