Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Book that I Would Like to Read...

One of my all-time favorite books is "The Thief Lord" by Cornelia Funke.  I'm willing to admit that it might have something to do with the fact that I listened to it on audio, read by the AMAZING Simon Jones.  But I do think that it is much more than that; it really is an incredible book.

Obviously I have read most of Ms. Funke's books over the years, though I will confess that I have never read "Dragon Rider."  Last month I was invited to see the author speak about her newest book when she was in Seattle. 

According to Goodreads.com:
"For years, Jacob Reckless has been secretly disappearing to another world, a world behind a mirror, a world for which his father abandoned his family. The mirror world is Jacob's escape from reality. It's a place for treasure hunts and magnificent quests. A world where witches haunt the forests and giants and dwarfs roam. A world locked in a deadly war.

Jacob's secret seems safe, until one day his younger brother Will follows him, with disastrous consequence. Faced with a curse that is quickly turning Will to stone, the Reckless brothers are thrust into a race against time to find a cure before Will is lost forever."

Now I am very excited to read this book!  However, an enterprising young student checked it out immediately and now there is a hold list at my library for the copies we have.  I am beginning to fear that I may never see it again.  Clearly, I may have to use my executive privileges and cut in line...that is a perk of being in charge, right?

If you want to find out more about the book, visit the
website.  You can find out all about the book, and even watch videos of the author reading certain parts.  By the way, I think that the publicity department should get an award for one of the best book "taglines" ever: "If you are looking for happily ever after, you've come to the wrong place."  LOVE IT!

If you have read the book already, don't tell me how it ends!  But I am interested to see if it is just as popular elsewhere...

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online