Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dinner with an Author!

I have been noticing a trend...all of my reviews of late are "girl" books.  At least, when you scroll down and scan the covers, all you see is girls, girls, girls.  What is really funny about that is it is not reflective of my typical reading tastes.  Not at all.  But it is interesting, even if I am the only one who finds it smile-inducing.

In keeping with this trend, I am talking about another book with a girl on the cover!  I have been invited to dinner with Jillian Larkin, author of "Vixen," the first book in the new "Flappers" series.  The back cover of the galley I received (wrapped in a beautiful ribbon by the way) promises this is a "sexy, dangerous, and ridiculously romantic new series set in the Roaring Twenties...when anything goes."

Sounds great!  I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend, so I will appear knowledgeable when having a conversation with Ms. Larkin on Monday.  I will let you know!

1 comment:

Midnight Bloom said...

Wow! I hope you have a fun evening at the dinner! Let us know how it goes! I'm looking forward to reading Vixen later in the year too! It sounds like it will be a great novel, plus I don't read too many historical YA novels that much either.... :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online