Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Review: It's a Book (Smith)

Title: It's a Book
Author: Smith
Genre: Picture Book
Pages: Really?  Does it matter?  It's a picture book.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

You might know Lane Smith as the illustrator of all those wonderful picture books written by Jon Scieszka: "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs," "Math Curse," and "The Stinky Cheese Man" to name a few.  But Mr. Smith, in addition to being a talented illustrator, is also an author in his own right.  In fact, one of my favorite picture books is "The Happy Hocky Family Moves to the Country."  I have fun memories of reading this book with my son when he was probably in 1st grade.  We would be laughing uncontrollably every few pages, and the book reading before bed would take quite a bit longer than normal.

Well, Mr. Smith has done it again!  In the age of the Kindle and ebooks, texting, and social networking sites, debate rages about the future of the "book."  Being a person who simply must have an actual book in my hands while I'm reading, I do not think that the printed book will ever go away.

In this picture book, a book-loving ape is trying to make a technology-savvy donkey understand what a book is...and isn't.  You can check out the book trailer 
here, but you must find a copy of the book to read in its' entirety.  Check your local public library or bookstore.  Heck, you can even peek at my personal copy here at school.  I LOVE THIS BOOK!  I even have the poster hanging up in the library.  I don't care if it is a picture book.  Love, love, love...

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online