Monday, October 11, 2010

New Sarah Dessen Book!

New books are always exciting!  And news about new books is often more exciting.  Last week, one of my FAVORITE authors released the cover for her new book.  I know, I know...I never pick favorites.  I promise though, Sarah Dessen is one of my top 5 favorite authors EVER (in the #2 spot behind Chris Crutcher).  For me, "favorite" means I have read everything they have ever written, maybe more than once.  And that is saying a lot, because as a rule, I do not re-read books.  Honestly, I just don't have the time.

Ms. Dessen was scooped in her own release of the cover to readers by Amazon.com and a fellow book blogger, but it does not make the announcement any less newsworthy.  According to the book summary on Goodreads.com, "
What Happened to Goodbye is about a high school senior who, after her parents’ divorce, has taken up the practice of assuming a new identity in each of the four towns she’s lived in."

It is times like this that I am so incredibly grateful to get advance copies of books.  Please, oh please, let this be one of the books that arrives one day in my mailbox.  If not, I will have to wait until MAY 2011.  My students will agree that this is a painfully long wait. 

Excepting for The Hunger Games trilogy and Percy Jackson, Dessen's books are the most popular books at EJH.  So, what is your favorite Sarah Dessen title?

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

My favorite is Along For The Ride. Sigh. It's almost not fair that we have to wait until next spring for this one.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online